8 ounce chicken breast
¼ cup chopped spinach
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
2 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
3 strips bacon
Olive oil as needed
- Set the chicken breast between 2 pieces of parchment paper and pound flat to about 1/8” thin, or thinner without tearing the meat.
- Season with salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Set the flattened breast flat and set spinach, garlic, habanero peppers, and parmesan over the top.
- Roll the chicken up to enclose the stuffing.
- Wrap with bacon slices. You can affix the roulade with toothpicks if needed, but the bacon should hold it together nicely.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat. Add a bit of oil and sear the chicken roulade 2 minutes, then roll and sear another 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook another 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. You don’t want any pink.